From a Pterodactyl Helicopter flight to a classic country pub lunch, an Alpaca Picnic to an epic hike, a brisket and beer farm box to handmade soap for blokes, the Scenic Rim and it’s line-up of experiences, products and places delivers the perfect range of Father’s Day presents this year.
Here’s the top 10 just get you started!
- Take dad to new heights. Does your dad love adventure? The sky is literally the limit in the Scenic Rim. Take him on Australia’s largest zipline adventure at TreeTop Challenge Tamborine Mountain, stroll among the treetops on the Tamborine Rainforest Skywalk or book him in for an epic mountain expedition with Mt Barney Lodge. Go even higher with a hot air balloon flight over the Scenic Rim or a scenic flight with Pterodactyl Helicopters. Dad can even learn to fly with Oz Paragliding and Hang Gliding near Canungra or Airport Qld at Boonah!
- Introduce dad to some 4-legged friends. Meet the farm animals at Father’s Day on the Farm at Tommerup’s Dairy Farm, book an alpaca picnic at Mountview Alpaca Farm, treat dad to a camel ride and tour at Summer Land Camels, experience the Scenic Rim on horseback with Scenic Rim Equine Group or Horse Riding Hinterland or take a Cobb and Co wagon tour with Drayhorse Shires.
- Get dad a Scenic Rim Farm Box. Nothing says ‘We love you Dad’ like brisket and beer. Our friends at Scenic Rim Farm Box have created a special box that takes all the guess work out of present buying. Simply add to your cart and they’ll do the rest!
- Give dad’s wardrobe some Scenic Rim style. Protect dad’s noggin from the sun and boost his street cred with a one-of-a-kind hat from Mad Natter, handmade on the farm in the Scenic Rim. And buy him a pair of world-class, ethically made jeans from Scenic Rim-based company, Outland Denim.
- Help dad smell great. Blokes like to be pampered, too! Check out the ‘Batches for Blokes’ collection, handcrafted by Beautiful Batches in Canungra and treat him to Coco and Myrtle artisan soaps, which are named after Scenic Rim landmarks and feature beautiful local ingredients.
- Quench dad’s thirst. Whether your dad loves beer, wine, spirits or coffee, he won’t go thirsty in the Scenic Rim! For a nice cold craft beer, book a spot at Scenic Rim Brewery or Fortitude Brewing Company. Relax beside Canungra Creek with a Father’s Day Picnic Basket at O’Reilly’s Canungra Valley Vineyards, which is fun for the whole family, with Mountview Alpaca Farm right there on-site! And get him a brew of a different kind at Tamborine Mountain Coffee Plantation. Find out more about our local beer, wine and spirits.
- Get dad some hot cooking tips. Why not buy dad a cooking class or two? Buy him a gift voucher or book in for a variety of classes, from Italian, Vietnamese and Mexican to Thai fusion and party food with Scenic Rim Cooking Classes.
- Take dad camping. There are so many opportunities to get back to basics with a camping trip in the Scenic Rim. Click here to find amazing campsites with great facilities and beautiful views in the Scenic Rim.
- Shout dad a pub lunch. You’ll be spoilt for choice if you want to take dad for a pub lunch in the Scenic Rim! We’ve got fair dinkum country pubs aplenty. Be sure to book ahead to make sure you get a spot. Find out about the Scenic Rim’s pubs here.
- Hit the fairways. The Scenic Rim has five golf facilities spread across the region, each with a unique history and offering. All courses welcome visitors locally or from afar to come and experience what they have on offer. Plan your golfing visit with dad.
The Scenic Rim is a fertile agricultural region situated on the doorstep of Brisbane and the Gold Coast. The vast region covers more than 4000 square kilometres, including Tamborine Mountain, Canungra, Beaudesert, Boonah, Kalbar and Peak Crossing. It’s home to six National Parks and more than 30,000ha of parkland, plus three dams, Lake Moogerah, Lake Maroon and Wyaralong Dam. The alluvial soil sustains a bounty of produce, including vegetables, olives, macadamia nuts, dairy, poultry, pork, beef, sheep, camel, finger limes, limes, coffee, avocados and rhubarb.